Uppercut is seeking an Assistant Editor to join our fast-growing team in ATL, LA, and NYC. At Uppercut, our Assistant Editor is responsible for supporting the editors throughout the entire process of projects from start to finish. Working hand in hand with our producers and clients to provide a seamless experience and workflow, while further learning the craft of editing.
- Fluency in editing, loading, organizing, audio syncing, and project prep for audio and finishing sessions in Premiere and Avid
- Support editor throughout the project from transcoding/prep/loading, Music/SFX/Stock searches, Prep for Color/Mix/GFX/Conform, supervising sessions and seeing spots through delivery.
- Assisting editors in building assemblies, lifts and resizes as requested by the editor.
- Quality Control of all posting and content coming in and out of the project.
- Working with Vault to ensure projects are archived and organized during and at job completion
- After Effects: Rough comping, graphics and titles during offline
- At least 2 years of experience and a deep understanding of the technical and creative workflow as it relates to post-production in the commercial industry
- Proficient in Avid and Premiere in regards to loading, editing and prepping
Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite and compressions software
- Must be highly organized, detail orientated, self-motivated, proactive and with the ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with our internal team and clients while finding solutions under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Have a passion for film and the commercial world with a desire to be a commercial editor
Apply to [email protected] with resume and letter of interest. Please specify the location and job title you are applying for in your subject line.